9 October 2014 ROGWU presidium hall held another meeting of the Trade Union Council Association of basic industries and construction of the Russian Federation. Traditionally there were present the leaders of the all-Russian trade union workers of oil and gas, electricity, coal, mining, forestry and nuclear industries, natural resource complex, construction, automobile and agricultural machinery. V.A. Borisov the head of the regional office of Global Trade Union IndustriAll also took part in the meeting along with the general secretary IC ROGWU M.A. Mirzoev and A.B. Ivanov and V.V.Serebryakov - vice directors of the Union of employers of Nuclear industry and science of Russia. L.A. Mironov the President of ROGWU was the host of the meeting.
More than 10 questions were touched upon during the meeting:
- On trade union work in modern conditions of economic sanctions;
- On the Federal Law project “Concerning the territories of advancing socio-economic development of the Far East and separate territories”
- On implementation of international seminar (among CIS countries) on information work for affiliates under the patronage of the Global Union IndustriALL. Recall that ROGWU has already mentioned the need of synchronization and harmonization of international information campaigns in June this year during the informational international forum
- On increasing the tax burden on citizens and legal entities due to the increase in the tax rate in real estate
- On discussion of sectoral professional standards projects. The suggestions of employers, participating in the meeting, were to strengthen the role of the social partners at the sectoral level to monitor the progress and the results of development of the sectoral professional standards
A separate topic of discussion was the draft resolution of the Russian Government “About the size of regional coefficients and the manner of their application for the calculation of wages of employees of organizations located in the Far North and equivalent areas”. The project on recommendation of the Public Council at the Ministry of Labor Russia was sent for revision, and will be examined in the first half of 2015. In this regard, the meeting participants decided to prepare an appropriate appeal and submit it to the Russian tripartite commission on regulation of social and labor relations. The appeal expresses its disagreement with the draft resolution and the possible joint actions in case of lobbying of the draft resolution (which might lead to the cut of the existing regional coefficients) by the RF Government are discussed in it. It should be noted that a number of nationwide trade associations of employers supported the position of the trade union side.